FRUGALITY

FRUGALITY- "Prudence in avoiding waste." (wordnetweb.princeton.edu)

Why This Blog?

I am on a pretty strict food budget; I also pray that my family and I will never go hungry, so after so many years of being creative with limited food supplies and money (including a three-pound whole chicken turned into 13 meals for the 5 of us), P-R-A-Y-S became a food and household budget philosophy. It can be anything that keep you in line with your budget. Like PORTION, ROTATE, ANTICIPATE, YELL (from joy of having money left over) and SAVE. Each post will show how this philosophy was broken down with every dish and budgeting I share. So hold on to your wallets and stay tuned!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Food Storage Spotlight: BEANS

Picture from Cooking Light dot com


Here are some great recipes I came across and can't wait to try myself this Fall--







We all have dried beans stored away. From various reasons and seasons. But most of us, don't know how to cook them. Well, this Fall, why don't you "healthy up" and "cozy up" with your savings by using this wonder food- protein, vitamin and fiber packed!

Here's what I got from RWood dot com: (click on the link) Let's use these tips together and enjoy our other protein source without the guilt!

No need for meat at all, but a few sprinklin's of Spam or bacon, these dishes will win anyone!

So, which bean recipe got you all warmed up inside?

No comments:

Post a Comment